You can make the whole deal easier on yourself and use store bought pizza dough. I'm not going to tell you not to, but I'll give you the tools to go fresh, just in case you want to roll old school:
1. Sprinkle the yeast into a medium bowl containing 1 1/4 cup warm water and stir until yeast dissolves.
2. Add 2 cups sifted flour and stir until blended.
3. Add another 1 1/2 to 2 cups flour and blend until too stiff to stir with a spoon.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it for 10 to 15 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
5. Place the dough in another bowl greased with a small amount of oil. Turn the dough once so that the top is oiled.
6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm place for about 45 minutes--until the dough rises to about double its original size.
7. Once it rises, roll it out on a floured surface. (Dough on an unfloured countertop = mess.)
8. Then layer your filling in it. It can be anything you want. For example, you can use pepperoni and cheese or spinach sauteed with garlic and cheese.
9. Once you stuff it, roll it up.
10. Whip up one egg and a little water then paint it on your stromboli. This will give it a nice, glossy, hard crust.
11. Pop it in the oven and let it bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the crust looks brown.
11. Slice it up and enjoy!
So what will you stuff your stromboli with?