1. Put two tablespoons of organic olive oil in a giant pan over medium heat on the stove top.
2. Chop and add the following to the pan:
- One organic red bell pepper
- One organic orange bell pepper
- A bunch of scallions
- Three garlic cloves
NOTE: Let's just take a moment here and think about how many brightly colored cancer fighting veggies are in this dish. The brighter your veggie, the more cancer fighting power it has. And garlic is like the superfood of all cancer fighting veggies. It boosts your immune system, is a powerful antioxidant and helps maintain low cholesterol.
3. Cook about five minutes, until the veggies soften a bit. Then add the following:
- Two bags organic corn kernels (If you have fresh corn, cut it off the cob and toss it in!)
- Two quartered and squeezed limes
- One can rinsed organic black beans
4. Warm up your corn salad (to taste) with southwestern spices, such as:
- Cayenne pepper
5. Take your salad off the heat, put it in a room temperature dish and let it cool. Toss in some chopped cilantro just before serving and enjoy!
What are some of your favorite summertime salads?