Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Panini

Panini. A fancy word for grilled cheese. And there's nothing better than grilled cheese. And you can make it with anything. All you need is bread, cheese and some goodies to go inside. For example, the other day, after rummaging through my fridge, I came up with the following panini:

1. I drizzled olive oil on a grill pan.

2. I laid out two pieces of bread and put two slices of provolone cheese on each of them.

3. On one side, I added:
  • A couple slices of turkey
  • Artichoke hearts
  • Sliced red onion

4. I topped that with the other slice of bread and the cheese, pressed down hard on it and then put it on the grill pan.

5. I plopped a heavy pan on top. You can use a brick covered in foil or anything that will smoosh your sammy.

6. Then I flipped it.

When it was done, it was ooey gooey cheesy delicious inside.

The choices are endless. But what would you stuff inside your dream panini?

Suzie

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm! What would I put in mine? Probably exactly what you put in yours. It sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! Love your blog! Your recipes look wonderful! I'll definitely be spending lots of time with you here this summer! :-)

    ReplyDelete