Monday, August 10, 2009

Cheesy Creamy Bad For You Potatoes

WARNING! THIS RECIPE IS NOT HEALTHY!

When my friend Rob came over for dinner the other night and it was sort of last minute and I did not want to go to grocery store. So I pulled a pork tenderloin from the freezer, grabbed a bag of frozen peas and then went back to the fridge.

Two lonely potatoes sat on a shelf.

"Mashed potatoes?" I thought. "No, I always feed Rob mashed potatoes. What about baked potatoes?"

My own voice moaned, "Boring," back at me.

After further investigation, I found a container of cream my friend had intended to whip to top a dessert. Alas, the dessert was demolished before she could top it. Bad for her, but lucky for me and Rob. Because when I came across some Jack cheese, an idea was born:

1. Butter a small baking dish.

2. Perheat the oven to 400 degrees.

3. Slice the potaoes super thin with a mandelin.

4. Slice an onion the same way.

5. Chop two cloves of garlic.

6. Throw it all in a bowl.

7. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

8. Toss in a handfull of grated cheese. (I had Jack but any cheese will do. Cheese is cheese.)

9. Poor in half a pint of cream.

10. Add some chopped parsley.

11. Mix it all up.

12. Pour the decadent creation in the buttered baking dish.

13. Top with more cheese.

14. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes.

15. Enjoy. Then head to the gym!

What's your favorite way to eat potatoes?

Suzie

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm.

    I like mashed potatoes best. My boyfriend found these Ore-ida bagged microwavable potatoes that are surprisingly really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potatoes are delicious. They are like the basic black dress. You can do anything with them, dress them up or eat them plain :)

    ReplyDelete