To delight your vegetarian friends with a yummy appetizer, do this:
1. Slice two zucchinis crosswise into half inch thick pieces.
2. Cut the same amount of tomato slices or roasted red peppers. Either one will work.
3. Slice the same amount of cucumber slices.
4. Make a garlicky bean spread. Or use store bought hummus.
5. Salt, pepper and douse your zucchini with olive oil. Then grill it at medium high heat until you get nice grill marks. Maybe two or three minutes a side.
5. Slice up a baguette.
6. Spread bean spread on the baguettes.
7. Stuff zucchini, cucumbers and tomatoes or red peppers in between the bread and spread.Enjoy mini veggie sandwiches!