Add a grilled cheese sandwich to this menu and you could reach euphoria.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice onions. Smash garlic cloves. Halve tomatoes. Salt and pepper them.
2. Roast for 20 minutes.
3. When veggies are soft, transfer them to a stock pot.
4. Over medium heat on the stove top, add enough broth (You can use vegetable or chicken. Whatever you've got.) to cover the veggies.
5. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
6. Add parsley or basil.
7. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup. If it's too thick, add more broth.
8. For a creamy touch, add some goat cheese. Blend again.
Soup goes a long way to warming up cold winter days. What's your favorite soup?