Monday, June 29, 2009

No Ordinary Eggs

The best part of summer is the garden. At least for me, it is. I love to experiment with whatever's bountiful and come up with new combinations.

Right now, basil is booming. So the last time I made eggs, I yummied them up. Here's how to make No Ordinary Eggs:

1. Beat two eggs in a bowl with a dash a of milk, salt and pepper.

2. Drop a slice of butter in a small pan.

3. Sprinkle sundried tomatoes in the pan.


4. After the tomatoes are well heated, add the eggs to the pan.


5. Scramble up the eggs. Then rip up some basil leaves and add them to the eggs.

6. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
Enjoy delicious basily garden goodness for breakfast!

Suzie

8 comments:

  1. I agree summer is totally garden for me . The scramble scramble eggs looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! that looks great. I will definitely try this one!!! I have been trying sun-dried tomatoes in things. My latest is garlic/basil hummus with sun-dried tomatoes...it's really good, just adds a little more zing to it. I also grow my own basil, chopped it down a month ago and now I've got a bush again...It may last all summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the way you "rip" up the basil, I do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sure sounds yummy! Eggs are one of those foods that we can be so creative with. What time should I be there for breakfast? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds really good and yet different. I'll try that on CLD & m. in a couple of weekends. You can only get away with cereal one morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm...it's really good with goat cheese too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, this is the scrambled version of my favourite omelet: sun-dried tomatoes and basil, match made in heaven! And so healthy too, the perfect way to start a day!

    ReplyDelete