Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chicken Salad

I'm a chicken salad freak. When I was growing up, there was this mall nearby, and I worked at Contempo Casuals. (How 80's is THAT?) Every day, I ordered a chicken salad sandwich from the deli in the foodcourt. I don't know what they put in it, but sometimes, 20 years later, I still crave that chicken salad.

In an attempt to match it, here's what I've come up with:

1. Cube up your leftover roasted chicken. Put it in a bowl.
2. Chop celery and add it to the chicken.
3. Add some fresh chopped parsley.
4. Mix in equal parts mayonnaise and dijon mustard.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.



Eat with greens or put on bread -- whatever you like. Enjoy!

And there you have it. Three meals out of one chicken. Can you think of other ways to enjoy leftovers without them tasting like leftovers?

Suzie

4 comments:

  1. I'm a chicken salad addict. Think I'll be making this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see you working at Contempo Casuals. That's awesome. I, too, have fond memories of a chicken salad I used to eat in high school -- from a place called Bagel Mania. What is it about NJ chicken salads??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken salad must be my alltime favorite. BUT it has to be chunky, with crispy apples or the like and with a little zing!
    I'm trying to lose some of the winter rolls, so I am eating more salads. I need to keep them interesting! I like the mustard touch. I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks great. I love chicken salad. and like Evelyn, I like apples with it too.

    ReplyDelete