Psst. I have a secret.
I'm not really crazy about BBQ sauce. Wait, wait, wait. I didn't say I hate it. I just don't love it.
But I love ribs. I love gnawing on any kind of bones, but if you give me ribs, I'm in hog heaven. And a few weeks ago, H and I splurged on a dinner and we had the most delicious savory pork ribs. I'd never had them like that. So I decided to try and make them on my own. Here's what I did:
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. Slice your ribs. Like in the picture below:
3. Put your ribs in a pyrex baking dish and salt and pepper them.
4. Then in a bowl, mince up 3 garlic cloves, 1/4 cup of Olive Oil, a handful of Italian breadcrumbs, and a tablespoon of chopped fresh Rosemary.
5. Mix well.
6. Rub your ribs with the mixture.
7. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. Put it in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
8. After the 2 1/2 hours, raise the oven temp to 375 degrees. Uncover the ribs and cook for another 25 minutes.
This will make them brown and delicious, yet the meat will still fall off the bones.
They're so good, two of us ate that whole platter. So, the next time you're craving ribs, skip the BBQ sauce and try these savory delicacies.
I dare you. ;)