Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Holla! Peno Mac and Cheese
Why settle for boring mac and cheese when you can kick it up with some jalapenos? That's right, add a little zing to an old fave like this:
1. Boil water on the stove. Add noodles and cook per the package directions. I'm a big fan of mini shells because they cradle gobs of cheesy goodness. But any noodle will work.
2. Drain the pasta. Put in it a bowl.
3. Add shredded cheddar cheese to the bowl. Use about three cups for a pound of mac and cheese. Set one cup of cheese aside for topping.
4. Chop a jalapeno or two and add them to the bowl.
5. Squirt about three tablespoons of brown mustard into the mix. (Yes, it sounds weird, but trust me, the mustard adds a great zing to the mac.)
6. Pour heavy cream over the noodles until they're pretty well saturated. (About a pint.)
7. Mix it all up.
8. Put the mac and cheese mixture in a greased baking dish.
9. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar over the top.
10. Bake at 425 for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
How easy is that? And just wait until you taste how delicious it is. You're going to want it eat all the time. (But you probably shouldn't. Just sayin'.)