1. Boil water and add salt. Cook pasta according to the directions on the package. Use a whole grain pasta and enjoy less carbs, some protein and whole grains that are good for your heart.
2. Add olive oil to a pan and heat over medium high on the stove.
3. Snap woody ends off asparagus and discard them. Cuts stalks into bite sized pieces. Drop them in the pan.
4. Chop a garlic clove and halve a bunch of cherry tomatoes.
5. After about three minutes, drop the garlic and cherry tomatoes in the pan. Add salt and pepper.
6. Meanwhile, drain the pasta. But reserve about a cup of pasta water.
7. Add about a half cup of pasta water to the veggie pan, along with the pasta. Mix it up. Add some grated Parmesan cheese and cracked fresh pepper.
You can use any combination of veggies in pasta. What are some of your favorites?